The HBM platform of LABERCA (ISO 9001 certified), has all facilities and cutting-edge mass spectrometry instrumentation (MS/MS and HRMS coupled to GC, LC and SFC) to assess human exposure to complex mixtures or organic chemicals. The end of 2023 will be devoted to the scaling-up of this biomonitoring activity, with the consolidation of a team of 4 people, consisting of a researcher in charge of the platform, a technician and two engineers, one of whom is the matter of the present recruitment.
In relation with the platform manager and the technical support and innovation team of the laboratory, you will be in charge of setting up miniaturized and automated solutions for the preparation of human biological samples (urine and serum) in the scope of measuring markers of internal chemical exposure, in particular as a first stage organochlorine pesticides and PFAS. You will be responsible for the development, validation and training of the team, in the final objective of ISO 17025 accreditation of the developed methods.
Dr. Emmanuelle BICHON, Head of the development and innovation Unit
Ms Alicia GRIVAUD, Technical responsible of the HBM platform
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist with a Master or PhD degree and advanced experience in analytical chemistry applied to the analysis of chemical contaminants in biological matrices.
- Strong chemical background with a PhD in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or equivalent
- Strong hands on experience with:
- Sample preparation (extraction, purification and fractionation techniques)
- Chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry
- Data analysis
- Knowledge on accreditation body and quality management systems
- Good collaboration and communication skills (written and oral English)
The period of employment is 2 years (from oct 23), 2 200 euros net/month.
Please submit your application no later than 15th July 2023.
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as one pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- A curriculum vitae
1 or 2 letters of support